Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A card, fancy dress and Australia Day!

Saturday we spent the morning with my Gran for her birthday. We took the puppies up to the nursing home and sat out in the gardens chatting. It's funny - the dogs are usually hyper and jumping all over you, but with Gran they are very gentle and quiet, it's like they know they have to be careful. My Gran has dementia - she has good days and bad days. Saturday we were lucky enough to catch her on a really "good" day - she greeted me by name, hugged me and told me she loved me. I don't know why, but I find these days harder to deal with and usually leave in tears. I made her a special birthday card in her favourite colour - purple - with more of my favourite paper roses.


Saturday Craig and I went to see "Old Dogs" - it is a hilarious movie! After that we went out to dinner at the Italian restaurant for a delicious meal. Craig ordered the "Death by chocolate" for dessert. It was like a trifle - chocolate sponge, chocolate mousse, profiterole and ganace- looked a bit disgusting, but Craig said it was delicious!!

Monday was the start of "Bush Week" at work - it kicked off with a dress up day. Check out Craig dressed as Ned Kelly! LOL The blue guns are silly string guns. Craig had 4 extra cans - there was silly string everywhere!! He's such a big kid! LOL



We had a wonderful Australia Day at Miara. Both of our mums, Craig & I spent the day fishing, relaxing and hving a picnic. I spent 1 hr out in the boat and managed to get an awful sunburn (should have re-applied more sunscreen before I went)- bright pink legs are not a good look :( We caught 30 mudcrabs!! Unfortunately they were either females or undersized, so no fresh crab for dinner :( We also had the same bad luck with fishing - all undersized. It was still a fantastic day. I did take my camera, but didn't take any pictures.

2 comments:

Rachael B said...

Shandell that card is beautiful and I bet your Gran appreciated it.
My Craig and Nick went to Miara before Christmas and like you pulled up heaps of mudcrabs (110) but only ended up with 7 keepers. Hopefully everyone is as honest as us so that there should be some good size crabs in the next 6mths.

Linda M said...

Love the card Shandell, those flowers are beautiful, I am sure your Gran would have appreciated it.