Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cooler weather means...

It's time to get out the wool and crochet hook :) I started crocheting the squares on the left first - using up leftover wool from the blanket I made last year. Then I brought the multi-coloured wool (on the right) to go with it, but after crocheting a few squares I realised it did not go very well with the pinks. So....now I am working on 2 blankets :) I have crocheted about 40 squares so far :)



Last year I brought some red wool (still not sure about that purchase LOL), but I had no idea what other colours to crochet with it. Last night I was having a chat with Kylie about knitting and she mentioned she is knitting a red and turquoise striped blanket. Today while out shopping I saw some teal and white balls of wool. I totally agree with Kylie's red / blue colour combo - so brought the wool and have now started working on blanket #3!! :)

No comments: