Friday, September 28, 2018

Clay's New Glasses

So...our little man needed glasses :)  With my eyesight history we have been aware that Clay might have issues too, so after a visit to the optometrist for an eye exam we were referred to my opthamologist for further investigation.  Clay had seen Dr McLean for  a few check ups in his first 12 months and she's aware of my medical history.  We had to see her a number of times and Clay had to do numerous tests, but they discovered he is very short sighted and has the same prescription that I had before surgery!!  So off to the optical store to try on glasses!  We let Clay pick what colour he wanted :)  Glasses for kids have changed a LOT simce I was little!! With such a atrong prescription I was worried Clay would have super thick lenses like I did, but lens technology has changed even more and they are nice and thin / light! 

When his glasses came on we took him in straight away. I took a video of him seeing clearly for the first time and it makes me cry with happiness!! The expression on his little face when he realised that he could see was one of amazement and excitement.   Both Craig and I had tears and the staff of the shop told us they were crying too.






There is no stopping him now xo

No comments: