Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pincushion

I have been making some storage changes in my scrap room lately (will be sharing details along the way). I have a small collection of decorative pins and thought they would look really cute on display! Plus if I see them, then I'm more likely to use them :) I wanted to create something different and a little vintage looking - I LOVE how this turned out :)




Just in case anyone would like to make one too I thought I would share the (basic) instructions. First off I chose my base - I picked this cute little glass dish up at an op-shop for 20c sometime last year. **See Mum, I told you I would find a use for that little "dust-collector"** LOL


Basically the cushion is 2 yo-yos. For the top - I cut out a circle a bit bigger than the top of dish, then did a running stitch just inside the edge and pulled the threads. I stuffed the yo-yo with Hobby Fill and left an opening about 3cm wide. To cover the opening I made a smaller yo-yo and hand stitched it to the bottom for 2 reasons - 1. to provide a flat surface and 2. To give the cushion a tidy / finished appearance.


If I have inspired you to make a pincushion or you have designed your own cute pin cushion- please leave a comment and share your link :)

No comments: