Saturday, July 3, 2021

Organising My Scraproom - Paper

I have paper EVERYWHERE in my scraproom- in bags, on shelves in the cupboard, in piles on the floor! It was a horrible mess!  This afternoon I decided it was time to start sorting it all out!! A few months ago I saw a great storage idea on a FB group to use narrow fridge organisers from Kmart to store paper and loved it!  I went straight out and brought 8, then did nothing with them - oops! Well today was the day...

I started with the biggest mess - my shelves!  I pullled it all out and sorted it into themes as I went - travel/beach, backgrounds, Christmas, boy / kid / school, girls/ floral, specialty (laser cut and acetate), 12x12 sticker sheets and paper pads.


On the floor I also I had a pile of paper for Kristy and a pile of scraps.


After I got the shelves emptied and sorted I was still feeling motivated, so I grabbed this wooden crate.  I thought it was full of magazines and then some paper on top, but nope...it was FULL of paper!  So that ALL got emptied and sorted too!


And the final result.... how much better does this look!?!? Two of the containers don't fit on the shelves, but I'll organise the top shelf next to store them there!  I will also label the containers.


Two bags of paper for Kristy to go through next visit :)


All I need to do next is sorted the scraps into the 12x12 containers - I store scraps by colour family.

No comments: