Monday, October 12, 2015

Patchwork Collage

Mum has been decorating her guest room recently and asked me to create some artwork to fit into a frame for the wall.  Originally she was going to create it, but decided she would rather play with Clay while I made it for her ;)  She brought over a pillowcase from the new quilt set for the room to use as inspiration.

I went through my scrap stash and found a variety of plain and patterned papers to make colours / patterns, then found a few matching embellishments.  Mum chose which papers & embellishments she wanted in the frame and we chatted about what sort of look she wanted me to create - patchwork collage.  I started cutting and laying papers down on the cardboard backing - just seeing how things looked.  Mum decided she wanted some more blue, but I didn't have anymore matching pattern paper, so we decided to emboss some plain cardstock to add texture.  Once mum was happy with the plaement - I started slowly adhering everything down.  As usual, once you start to move things it changes the original layout, but mum was very happy with the end result :)

Mum's one-of-a-kind artwork for her guest room!

No comments: