Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sensory Play

I wanted to do something a bit different to our usual play activities so I brought a small bag of water beads off ebay.  I only used 1/3 of the packet and soaked them during the day and found the re-hydrating process fascinating!  Would definitely recommend it for older kids!






Once the beads were ready to go, we set them up in a shallow tray with a spoon and cup.  Clay started off by just playing with them and picking up them up and naming the colour.  Then he started putting them into the cup.  Once I showed him the spoon, then he started spooning the beads into the cup.  He happily played with them for over 40 minutes - definitely a successful play :)  I've popped the beads with water into a series a sealed container ready for the next time.








No comments: