Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Bridal Bouquet Shadow Box

While I was making the wedding flowers, I decided I wanted to make a shadow box display of Bethany's wedding flowers as a gift.  I found a brand new shadow box while op shopping and it was the perfect size.


I used black cardstock on the back and layered the flowers and the dice on top.


When I put it in the frame it was too big and the flowers got squished when I closed the back - oops!


Plan B....I brought some wooden paint stirrers and cut & glued them to extend the frame.


I painted the extended frame black to hide the printing on the sticks and to blend in with the background.


The finished product! Originally I was going to put Des & Bethany's name with the date across the front, but decided it would cover the flowers too much.  I love how this turned out and I hope Beth likes it :)

No comments: