Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Handmade embellishments

I've been keeping my hands busy while watching TV lately making handmade embellishments. First I made 4 of these cute bird cages. I just used wire and cardboard and it came together very quickly. Making the wire part was easy, but I got a bit stuck when it came to the bottom of the cage. After a quick look around my scrap table I found some pieces of corrugated card that were perfect :) I am really happy with how these turned out!


Yesterday I made some quilled roses - using the kit I got while I was on the cruise last year.


After making the embellishments I thought I had better use them to make a card and created this today :)


I was still feeling crafty, so I made this farm animal card for Connor's 2nd birthday. He's having a "pig" themed party - so this will match :)

2 comments:

Helen said...

They look fantastic Shandell. Your nephew will be so pleased with his card.

Rachael B said...

Lovely cards Shandell :)