Monday, April 29, 2013

Ripple blanket week 1

I really loved workng on the ripple blanket for Jaxson and decided to make one for myself :) I decided to make it in shades of pink & grey and brought the wool while i was still making the first blanket.
 

While I was out shopping one day I saw a lady wearing a chevron print shirt in grey, white, pinks & blues and knew that would be the perfect colour combo for my blanket! I found the perfect teal coloured wool, but couldn't find a paaler shade of teal to suit. After looking around for weeks I decided to just use a light blue to match the light pink.


I was a bit hesitant to start the blanket - I didn't want te have the same problems getting the first couple of rows correct. It only took 1 attempt to get started - woo hoo! I didn't like the pale shade of pink, so I unpicked the row and used a baby pink instead.



Week 1 Total
17 Rows
8.5 Bands of colour

No comments: