Saturday, June 20, 2020

Watercolour Class - Black Horse

This morning I set up my painting gear ready for my 2nd online water colour class with The Friday Gallery  - Black Horse.  After the first class I decided to invest in a set of tube / liquid paints instead of the pallette set and a larger sized watercolour pad.  I also found this water brush cleaner / holder from Kmart for $2- it's fantastic!


I followed the instructions to draw the horse (I wasn't too impressed with my sketch and hoped the paint would improve it LOL).


I forget to take photos of the first few steps, but remembered and got pics till the end :)







The eye was completely wrong and the cheek was too dark, so once it dried I reworked both the cheek and eye, and am really pleased with the end result!  Next week's class is an elephant - I can't wait!

No comments: