Sunday, July 12, 2009

A catch up & 2 birthday parties....

Kylie & I spent a lovely day with Cathie on Saturday. It was the last chance for us all to catch up before she heads off to Brisbane next weekend to wait for the arrival of her baby. We helped set up the nursery and pack the baby bay & nappy bag. Since Kylie & I don't have kids we suggested to check that we hadn't forgotten something :o) It's very exciting to think that when we see her next, cath will be a mummy and we will finally meet "bub"!

Today we had 2 birthday parties to attend- Andrew's 8th and Bella's 1st birthday. We spent the morning with Craig's family for Andrew's birthday. It was a lovely and relaxing - the kids playing in the playground at Alexander Park, then a game of cricket with everyone. All the "big kids" (Craig & his brothers) behaved and didn't get competitive LOL Here's the birthday boy taking a turn at bowling.



We spent the afternoon celebrating Bella's 1st birthday. Bella got a battery powered pink jeep for her birthday and I'm really glad that she wasn't too confident about driving it yet. She's a menace in her walker - so I had visions of the cat being run over or knocking the food table flying!! LOL



I spent the rest of the evening making some samples to display for my class I am teaching this Wednesday at Creative Artz. I will take some pics tomorrow.

No comments: