Monday, June 27, 2011

New crochet project

My hexagon blanket is still a work-in-progress - I'm just sewing in the threads and will start working on the edge. While I was wondering what edging to use I decided to work on a smaller, quicker project - my wool collection is starting to get a bit out of hand LOL I decided to make a crochet beanie! I created this using one pattern for the top of the beanie and then incorporated a second pattern for the rest. I finished it off with a basic scalloped edge and a cute flower :) I love how this turned out!! It's a present for a friend - I hope she likes it!


I tried to make another adult sized one, but after starting and undoing it 7 times, I gave up (guess that teaches me a lesson about mix and match patterns LOL) and found a child sized pattern to get the top part (that determines the size) started and then used the same pattern, edging and flower from my other beanie. I made this one for one of my nieces and will make another one for my other niece.

No comments: