Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Scrapbook Expo

Cassie and I have a wonderful trip to Brisbane! We left Friday afternoon and had a fun road trip down - talking and listening to music. Definitely noticed how much colder it was - Cassie wore this beanie which I called her "hill-billy hat" LOL


We arrived at our apartment AKA as Dodgy Brothers Hotel LOL The apartment was decent sized and clean, but our first thought was..."it doesn't look like the picture on the website" LOL We had a few funny moments - a very wobbly chair, the table top that lifted off when we tried to move it and bathroom tiles that weren't stuck down LOL We were on the 15th floor and had a decent view of the city & river and we were opposite Roma Street station. That was a huge advantage at the end of the day - not too far to drag our tool kits, shopping bags and tired bodies home LOL


Cassie and I ready to head off for our first day at the expo on Saturday! See my new haircut?!? I got it cut on the Thursday before we left. I thought it was time for a change and I love it :)


Cathie met us at the expo (her first time) and we spent the morning doing a bit of shopping (the crowd was unbelievable!) and looking at everything before I had to go to one of my classes.


There were lots of gorgeous displays of projects, cards & layouts and great demonstrations!


Sunday was my second class and more shopping (the crowd wasn't as big as Saturday, so managed to have a better look around the stalls). Craig gave me money for my birthday - so I went on a shopping spree!! I got lots of lovely goodies to play with including 2 sets of Spellbinders and a beautiful doily stamp that I had wanted for ages! I popped next door and had a look around all the gorgeous displays and stalls at the Textile expo. I ran into Dilys, Petrina and Rachael - that was a nice surprise :) One of my favourite pics - Cassie and I all rugged up and on the train heading to the expo on Sunday!


We had plans on going out and having dinner, but after long days of classes & shopping, we just went back to the hotel and ordered gourmet take-away and chilled out in front of the TV - what a pair of party animals! LOL We also had a girly night - face masks and a few drinks on Saturday night :) My friend Evan met me at the expo Monday (my birthday) and we spent the morning sitting by the river at Southbank and swapping NZ holiday stories :) We headed back to Bundy late Monday afternoon and I arrived home to a yummy birthday dinner of roast lamb and Mississippi cheesecake (my fave from The Cheesecake Shop)!

No comments: