Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thrifty Thursday and a vintage shop

I managed two days of op shopping this week :) Saturday I popped into one shop while we out shopping. I found these cute glasses (50c each) and 2 cookbooks ($2 each). I LOVE Women's Weekly cookbooks - a lot of my favourite / most cooked recipes come from them. i already have the Chinese cookbook, so I picked up a copy for mum.




Yesterday I went to see "Mirror Mirror" at the movies. It was a wonderful film and a lot more humorous than I was expecting - I really enjoyed it :) After the movies I popped into 2 op shops - I got soome goodies in the first shop, but walked out empty-handed from the 2nd shop. I picked up some more Tupperware (great size for storing leftovers) - orange bowl $2.00 and red bowl $1.00. I also got 3 teaspoons (20c each) for the tea cup bird feeder project and this gorgeous square tablecloth ($1.00) - I'm thinking I might use this for a sewing project.



While I was wandering enjoying some retail therapy I found this cute vintage shop - A Little Vintage. I asked the owner if I could take some pictures of her gorgeous shop :)






I brought this sweet carved wooden brooch that just had to come home with me :) I've been looking for a wooden brooch for ages, so was happy to see the ones at the shop and was even happier that it was on sale :)

No comments: