Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Making jewellry

After making some covered buttons for scrapbook embellishments (similar to Flair buttons), I decided to have a go at making some fabric covered buttons brooches.  I did a search on ebay and  found a great seller.  I brought some 4.5cm buttons (with tool) - I think the bigger size will make a nice sized brooch.   I was also inspired to buy a pendant kit from the same seller - it will be nice to try something new.  My parcel arrived today, so I picked up some brooch pins at Spotlight ready to get creative on the weekend :)
 
 
 
After a few disastrous attempts at my ripple blanket I've lost motivation :(  I have started the blanket about 8 times - 1st time it took 5 rows before I realised I was not following the pattern correctly.  Mel Goodsell is hosting a ripple-along on her blog, so I have signed up - this should give me the motivation try again!  I have 8 weeks before my baby nephew is due - so the pressure is on LOL 

1 comment:

Linda M said...

Good luck with the ripple blanket Shandell, will have to get inspired to carry on with mine!