Friday, June 14, 2013

Cards - Part 1

Over the long weekend I decided to make it a goal to finish the 5 cards that had been sitting on my desk for a few months. They were mostly card bases that I had stamped / started creating, but were the wrong colour, left over from card swaps, etc.

This card was leftover from the girls card swap at Simply Crafty a few moths ago. The rose is also a left over from last month's card swap. 
 
 
This card I stamped the woodgrain background with the idea of making a bird theme card, but then lost inspiration - oops!  Recently I saw a great tutorial to make the sweet birds nest on the Bo Bunny blog and used that as the starting point to create this card.  I decided to make  it shabby chic, ao went through my stast and foudn the doiley and bird stamps.
 
 
This card I wanted to try the technique of inking the embossing folder.  I struggled with ideas for the dark background,  I decided to cut the circle and use cream cardstock behind the background to show up the stamped image better and coloured cogs to brighten the card up.


 
Pop back tomorrow when i will share the other 2 cards.

No comments: