Sunday, August 24, 2014

Granny Square Baby Blankets

A few years ago my mum brought a shopping bag of complete granny squares at a garage sale (for $3 I think).  I put them in the cupboard for a future project and that's where they stayed.  When I found out that my friend Katie was having a baby girl I knew it was time to get them out and stitch them into a blanket.  Once I started laying the squares out I realised that there were enough squares to make both a pram blanket and a cot sized blanket.

I stitched the squares together and added a scalloped border around the pram blanket and just a plain border around the cot blanket.



It was great to finally use the squares (and a lot faster than crocheting them) and I love how they turned out.  I'm hoping to see Katie and the new baby Olivia next weekend - I hope she likes them too :)

No comments: