A few years ago my mum brought a shopping bag of complete granny squares at a garage sale (for $3 I think). I put them in the cupboard for a future project and that's where they stayed. When I found out that my friend Katie was having a baby girl I knew it was time to get them out and stitch them into a blanket. Once I started laying the squares out I realised that there were enough squares to make both a pram blanket and a cot sized blanket.
I stitched the squares together and added a scalloped border around the pram blanket and just a plain border around the cot blanket.
It was great to finally use the squares (and a lot faster than crocheting them) and I love how they turned out. I'm hoping to see Katie and the new baby Olivia next weekend - I hope she likes them too :)