Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Lactation (Boobie) Biscuits


I wanted to increase / keep up my breast milk supply, so decided to try lactation biscuits (another option was a light beer after dinner, but I'm not a huge beer fan).  I remembered seeing a recipe on  She Sows Seeds blog and thought I would try it.   The original recipe has dried cranberries, but I left them out.  I brought my brewer's yeast & linseed meal from the local health food shop.  These are really yummy - even Craig has been snacking on them - and I have made 2 batches so far.

Ingredients
240g butter, softened

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons linseed meal
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons brewers yeast
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup choc chips

Method
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, brewers yeast, bicarb soda and oats. Cream the butter and sugars together on a medium speed, add in the eggs, vanilla and linseed meal, mixing to combine.

Add in the dry ingredients half a cup at a time, mixing on medium speed after each addition. Stir through the choc chips.

Roll the mixture into tablespoon sized balls and bake on a baking tray for 10 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius. The biscuits should be soft to the touch, but will harden as they cool.

No comments: