Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Chris' Visit

I haven't seen my friend Chris for years - with his transfer to Perth and then overseas deployment and my pregnancy / baby, we just couldn't co-ordinate a visit.  I was so excited when Chris called to say he was finished his deployment, was back in Australia and was visiting family in Rockhampton for Christmas before he transferred to his next post and wanted to come and visit us!!  He could only catch a train down and back the same day, so we only got a few hours together, but it was so lovely for him to meet Clay and for us to catch up :D  Unfortunately Craig had to work, so he couldn't join us.  After we met Chris at the train station, we had lunch at one of my fave taverns.  Clay absolutely adored Chris and it was pretty mutual from Chris too LOL  After a delicious lunch we walked down to the shopping centre - we wandered around chatting before Chris grabbed some snacks and headed back to the train station.  The visit was too short, but I'm so happy we got to spend those few hours catching up and that he got to meet Clay :)



No comments: