Monday, June 29, 2009

A scrappy weekend

I missed both the midnight crop at Creative Artz and Simply Crafty last month - so I was looking forward to going to both on the weekend :o) Friday night was at Creative Artz. I finished my Black with 2 challenge and I love how it turned out!



I also scrapped a LO for the shop / for Cassie to use as a sample for her sketch class. I gave Cassie a hand to select next months' challenge pack. While surfing the net for class ideas, templates, etc we got distracted and ended up at the Urban Dictionary. Not for the faint-hearted, but definitely worth a look for laughs. Donna, Cassie & I were laughing so hard at all the different slang & definitions! I felt so old reading them! LOL Donna asked me to teach a class next month-how exciting!! I will have to make some samples up this weekend.

We spent Saturday afternoon with Craig's family to celebrate Adam's 21st birthday. it was a nice relaxing day, just sitting around talking and watching the kids play. I haven't seen my nephew Rhiley since Christmas - look how big he's grown!



Sunday was Simply Crafty - I managed to finish another LO and have 3 half-finished cards. I haven't had a chance to take pics yet - hoping to do that tomorrow after work. Helen from Lorna Blue gave a great demo on how to alter/ make your own embellishments. I'm organising a Christmas themed swap for next month's Xmas in July get together - so keep an eye out on the Simply Crafty blog for details.

No comments: