Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cooking

Craig has always been the "cook" at home - but since finishing work I have discovered a new found love of cooking which has surprised me and pleased Craig :) To encourage and help me, Craig and mum brought me about 10 Women's Weekly cook books and I have been slowly working my way through them. Every night I try a new recipe - with a few old favourites now & then. I have stepped out of my comfort zone and tried a lot of new styles / techniques.

After cooking lots of main meals I have decided to to try a few desserts / sweets. Last week I made a custard tart and vanilla slice - both dishes turned out wonderfully :) On the weekend I made fudgy-wudgy choc biscuits - seriously, that was what they are called LOL This week I'm going to make a few batches of biscuits and a slice.

1 comment:

Rachael B said...

Looking forward to some delicious sweet treats at our Sunday scrap!