Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blanket #2

I actually started this blanket before my pink & chocolate blanket - but because I was unsure of what colour I should use for the border I wasn't motivated to finish it. I had considered, black, while, yellow and even red for the border, but nothing suited. I had a pile of squares done, but decided to start working on my other blanket until I worked out what constrast colour to use for the border. After a chat with mum about border colours, she suggested not to stitch a border around each individual square. Over the last couple of nights I crocheted the last 2 purple squares, stitched the blanket together and crocheted the border around it. I love how it turned out! This blanket is approx 1m x 1m - I didn't want a big blanket like the last one! LOL This is actually a Christmas present - I hope the person I made it for likes it...



I had great night last night - I went over to Donna's for a girls night. We had a few drinks, watched a movie, did lots of talking & laughing and I even taught her how to crochet!

No comments: