Friday, April 3, 2020

Learning at Home - Week 1

Well this was Clay's first week of homeschooling with mum and they both survived :)  When the government started talking about self isolation and quarantine we decided to get prepared to homeschool Clay.  We brought some wipe clean books, whiteboard and markers at Kmart.   We also had craft stuff, reading  books and activity/educational workbooks at home already.


My mum offered to take care of Clay so Craig and I could both keep working for as long as we could.  Each day we would pack a book, DVD and game.  I also packed a box of craft stuff to use.  I would also give mum some craft or activity ideas.  I printed a few activity sheets out and school sent a laminated alphabet and number sheet while they were working on getting ready for learning from term 2. I left it up to mum what she wanted to do / timetable their day - they would find their routine and what worked best for them.  They worked on writing, did arts / crafts, went for walks, baked a cake  feed the native birds, read books and watched some TV.  When term 2 starts we will be more structured and directed from school, for now this is working :)










No comments: