Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A small thrill.....

A number of my LO are up in the galleries at various challenge sites. I will confess that it gives me a small thrill to see them up there!! LOL Closing date for the July competitions is tomorrow - so I should know sometime over the next week how I've gone.

Since June I have stepped out of my scrapping comfort zone and started to enter a lot of challenges and I have been totally loving it! I found that I was in a rut and didn't feel inspired to scrap - so not much was getting done, but the pile of papers and photos was increasing :o( I had a large number of challenges picked this month and only missed doing 2 - so I'm pretty happy with that. I'm attempting a variety of challenges - colour, sketch, technique, kits, etc.

I submitted my Creative Artz July challenge kit to the shop today. I scrapped a cute photo of Jedi "standing guard" at the fence watching some kids in the park behind us. I forgot to take a photo - so when I get the LO back at the end of August I will put a photo on here. I didn't think the LO was due until tomorrow - so I had to go home last night and get it finished. The colours were not something I have ever used together on a LO- brown cardstock, papers (7Gypsies) were a combination of fluoro yellow, brown, blue and white - one with a giant brown rose printed in the middle-I think the fluoro yellow colour and ugly rose really confused me. It didn't inspire me at all and I dragged my feet when it came to scrapping it.

Here's a few more of this month's challenge LO, a couple of June challenge LO and 2 that used some my large of pile of "waiting to be scrapped photos"...

White with 1 June challenge


Stuck! Sketches #48

White with 1 July challenge


Scrap Outside the Page June challenge

1 comment:

*** Kylie*** said...

your work is always fantastic!! glad you have found your mojo to scrap!!!