Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

I hope all mum's had a lovely day being spoilt rotten by their families!

Craig & I got up early this morning and went to the local markets. We stocked up on fresh fruit & veges for this week and had a look at all the different stalls. I tried to convince Craig that we needed a kitten, but no luck. LOL

We had both our mums over for lunch and to spend the afternoon with us. I tried out a new recipe - chicken & potato bake - yummo! Plus we had a lovely fresh fruit salad. Both mums loved their presents :o) Craig & his mum watched sports on TV, while my mum gave me a refresher course on how to crochet (it's been years since I've done it). I've decided to crochet a knee rug - 1 square down... LOL We also worked out how to crochet flowers - my first two attempts are terrible, but the third one looks good :o)

3 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Sounds like a nice Mother's Day!

My daughter is just learning to crochet in a 4-H club! I am excited to see her learning such a great skill. An afghan is in my future. LOL!!

Thanks for the visit and comment. Come back any time:)

Mary said...

Of course you NEED a kitten. :)
I just learned how to make the flowers also. thanks for commenting over on my blog.

Kirsty said...

Everyone NEEDS a kitten LOL
Crocheting a knee rug in winter is AWESOME! Productive and it keeps you toasty :)