Sunday, May 17, 2009

Warning...long post and LOTS of pics!

What a crazy, busy week it's been!! Thursday & Friday Craig was in Sydney for a team leader conference and awards night for work. He was given an award for Team leader trait - Respect. I'm so proud of him!! Will put up pics once I get some.

Friday I went straight from work to meet up with Kylie at the Sew What's Crafty expo so we could help Donna at her stall.

I was doing a make & take demonstration on how to make paper flowers. These were some samples I made to display.


Saturday I met up with Cathie back the expo where we had a look around and did some shopping. I got lots of lovely new scrap things to play with :o) We went over to Kylie's for lunch and a catch up. Then I went back to the expo for a couple more hours to help Donna some more and then to pack up.

Today we gave the house a Spring clean. I tackled the cupboards with all the storage containers - I swear Craig stands back, opens the door, throws in the containers, then slams the door shut before everything tumbles out!! LOL The only room that is left to clean is my scrap room.

Craig's mum and I finally got around to painting the cement mushrooms we made at Easter. I had 2 lots waiting to be painted.



Cathie dropped by this morning to give me an old book of sheet music she brought at the markets. I had mentioned to the girls yesterday that I was looking for old sheet music or patterned paper/stamp if I couldn't find anything suitable. This is perfect!! Plus there will lots left over for other LO!!


Katie & Cohan are visiting for a week, but with things being so hectic I have literally only seen them for an hour over the last 4 days!! Tonight we are having a dinner party for 8. Craig is currently in the kitchen preparing / cooking. For the main course we are having chicken, Camembert cheese & bacon wrapped in filo pastry with seeded mustard sauce + vegetables. Dessert is individual chocolate puddings with hot chocolate sauce.

My rug / blanket is coming along nicely - I have completed 10 squares now! I have been trying to finish 2 squares a night, just working on them while we are watching TV. I started off with some left over balls of wool mum had, but brought some more in shades of pinks & blues.


These are the crochet flowers I made.


I brought this wooden box at a garage sale last weekend for $5. Mum took it home and sanded & re-varnished it for me. I think it's supposed to be a potato / vegetable box, but since I already have one of those - it's perfect for keeping all my crochet bits & pieces together.


I'm hoping to finish my 3 lots of swaps tonight - will post pics later.

1 comment:

*** Kylie*** said...

You have been busy..... okay here goes nothing...can i please have a sheet or 2 of the music pages...please.... they look awesome...thanks!!! by the way the crochet flowers look awesome!!!! *hint hint* :) Hope your dinner party went well... - Kylie