Saturday, January 30, 2010

A HUGE change...

Two months ago I was told that my role within the company had been made redundant - it was completely out of the blue. To say I was devastated is an understatement- it took days for me to stop crying. Some of the people (who did the same job as me)in the other centres left immediately and others went into different sections of the company. I stayed on for the remaining 2 months, hoping another role would become available. Two weeks ago I made the very hard decision not to go back on the phones as a sales agent, but to leave the company. After being with the company for 7 years it was a big shock to everyone. I made the official announcement this week and finished up Friday. I was given this beautiful bouquet of flowers and 2 Pandora charms. I opted not to have dinner / drinks.





So, what am I going to do now I guess you are wondering... Well I am going to have a few months off and be a lady of leisure, before I look for another job. I personally think I'll be climbing the walls after 2 weeks though! LOL I am going to take this as an opportunity to maybe do a few courses and consider a career change.

2 comments:

Linda M said...

Sorry to hear about this Shandell, but sometimes these things come for a reason, no doubt you will move on to bigger and better things and while you are waiting, think of all the creating time you will have, good luck in whatever you decide to do, L

Helen said...

I know exactly how you feel Shandell. After working for a company for over 15 years they restructured and I was told that I had been transfered from Maroochydore to Redcliff. So I chose to resign and within a couple of weeks had started a course that led to a new job. Enjoy your break.