Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Recipes

I cooked more goodies on the weekend - fudge, jam drops, passion fruit melting moments & chocolate slice. I thought I would share the recipes - the rum & raisin fudge recipe is here

Tips -
*If you want more of a rum flavour make sure you only soak the raisins for an hour. For a more chocolate flavour let the raisins soak overnight.
*After you add the raisins / rum mixture keep stirring the fudge over the heat till it goes thick again this will ensure it sets.

Jam Drops
1 cup self raising flour
1/3 cup custard powder
80g butter, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tbs milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup of jam

1.Preheat oven to 180c. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Sift flour and custard powder together.
2.Beat butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Add flour mixture and mix together to form a soft dough. Roll heaped teaspoonsful into balls and place onto trays, leaving about 5cm space between biscuits for spreading.
4. Using your thumb, make an indent in the top and fill with a little of the jam. Bake for 15 minutes until golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

Tips -
*I used vanilla custard powder
*I used the same recipe for the passion fruit melting moments. Instead of making an indent, I slightly flattened the biscuits with a criss-cross pattern using a fork. I just made a basic icing with passion fruit pulp for the filling.

Let me know if you like the reciepes or have any great reciepes you would like to share.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Yum you have been busy, I still have things left over from the festive season but am going to save that jam drop recipe when little man starts back at our Playgroup.