Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mrs Fix-It

We have been super busy for the last 4 days. We (Mum, Mike, Craig & I) spent the weekend putting up a new back fence. Saturday was measuring and cutting the sheets of tin. Sunday we pulled down the old wire fence, replaced some wooden posts, then put up the tin panels. The new fence looks great!

Monday mum and I finished working on my secret wood-work project I mentioned last post. It was a dog kennel for my MIL. We were feeling very adventurous / crazy and were going to attempt making the kennel from scratch, but while looking around for supplies we managed to pick up a wood & plastic dog house at a bargain price. It needed a fair bit of work done on it. Mum and I replaced the plastic floor with wooden boards, put the back on, painted the inside, some general cosmetic work and a good wash. Diane was really pleased with it - she said it was exactly what she wanted! Once I work out how to download the pics from my mobile I will post them.

Tuesday Mum and I did spent the day putting the capping on the back fence and gardening / mowing the lawn - we were taking advantage of the sun finally being out!

BTW- Mum and I found the time on Saturday morning to go to a local shoe shop that was having a sale. All shoes were either $20 or $40 a pair - who could resist?!?!? I got 2 pairs and Mum walked out with 4 pairs!! And yes...we did try on every pair of shoes in our size LOL

1 comment:

Linda M said...

Goodness Shandell, how did you ever find the time to go to work? You are such a busy bee, might have to get you and you mum come and do a make over on my place.