Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Watercolour cards

I have been admiring lots of watercolour cards around blogs lately and wanted to have a go. I already had a set of watercolour pencils, but was unsure how to use them. After reading some tutorials and articles I was ready to have a go :) I started off simple - just trying some blending techniques and using the new stamp set that Charmaine sent me.


Then I made this card - using a sketch from Taylored Expressions sketch #114 and a new stamp set I brought at the Sew What's Crafty Expo (which I brought specifically to try watercolours).


After that card turned out well I wanted to make another one. This card I took a step further - I added some Kaiser pearls to the flower and stamped the wings again, coloured them in and added some foam dots to make the wing 3D.

No comments: