Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Handy hints...

I love how the internet gives me the opportunity to find ideas / hints for scrapping, storage, etc. I had a few ideas that I wanted to share - I hope you find them interesting / handy :)

First idea is AC glitter cardstock (it's sooo pretty)...I'm going to cut alphas / titles out - it will be cheaper than buying Thickers and it means I can have as many letters as I need. It comes in a huge range of colours - I brought pink, blue and black...so far. This picture shows all the other yummy colours that are available + Spotlight has them on special this week!!


While I was at Spotlight I brought this folder ($2) to store my sewing / crochet patterns. Afterwards I realised it would be a budget-friendly option to store stamps. I compared it to my Kaiser folder and it is a bit smaller, but will fit the Kaiser pockets in. Another bonus is you can take out the covers and put your own creations in the front & side pockets to personalise it.


A few weeks ago I sorted through my ever-growing pile of paper & cardstock scraps and put them into pizza boxes. I used my butterfly punch to punch out colour samples to glue on the front of the boxes.


Last one...everyone loves a freebie right??! Well I found this box at my local Bunnings - perfect for using with my Glimmer mists. I was putting newspaper down, then using the mists, but it still went everywhere. This box will fit a 12x12" scrapbook page. I saw a Kaszazz demo using something very similar in the Scrapbook Creations DVD.

2 comments:

Rachael B said...

Great tips. I saw that glitter cardstock too but wondered how it would go through the Cricut.

Anonymous said...

you r so clever. i loved the idea for the cardstock, i think i might have a go at that. hope u had a great time at b/w.