Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blackwater - Day 1 & 2

I had a wonderful time in Blackwater visiting my brother & sister and their families :) Saturday Mum and I left at 6am, we stopped for a garage sale at Rosedale (yes, I know we have an obsession LOL). Mum brought a little wooden trolley which she is going to repaint for the girls. We also stopped at Gracemere along the way to have a quick look around at some markets.

Sunday we went out to my brother's farm and spent the morning with my nieces. I loved spending time with the kids, just watching them jumping on the trampoline and showing us around the farm. It was a great opportunity to take LOTS of pics of all the kids together :) Then they decided to catch butterflies that were in the trees. They didn't have a butterfly net, so they improvised and used two plastic cups to catch them!! After they caught one, Kirsty sticky-taped the cups together and punched out air-holes to make butterfly homes. I felt sorry for Cohan's poor butterfly - the cup got crushed, then shaken, then banged on the cement when the butterfly stayed still too long :( Poor butterfly survived though!! Cohan was having such a great time playing with the girls - he threw a HUGE tantrum when it was time to go!!


No comments: