Monday, November 15, 2010

What a crazy weekend!

Saturday Craig and I took his Mum out to lunch for her birthday. It was a special "number" birthday, but she didn't want a huge celebration. After lunch we did some shopping, then we booked our holiday for next year (will post more about that tomorrow)!!

Saturday night we got dressed in our Hawaiian shirts and leis and headed off to the management Christmas party. We were there for 1/2 hour when Craig tripped over in a pot-hole and twisted his ankle :( He said it wouldn't have been as embarrassing if he had of been dunk, but he was sober when it happened LOL We spent 2 hours at the hospital getting x-rays and seeing doctors. We were told he did severe ligament damage :( So now he has a swollen and bruised ankle and is hobbling around on crutches. He has a doctors appointment tomorrow to see what happens next.

Sunday morning I did some gardening and picked my first strawberry off my plants :) Then I spent the afternoon with the lovely ladies at Simply Crafty. We had a farewell lunch for Rachael who is heading off to Brisbane next year. I was going to scrap, but decided to make cards instead. I had already made the car panel earlier - I tried some new distressing techniques (and new stamp) and I am really pleased with the finished result :)


The 2nd card is a CASE of a CASE LOL Kylie 'tweaked' some ideas off a card I made and I liked her card so much, that I took a lot of the ideas and made one! :)


I also worked on a stamped / paper pieced panel - will post pics once I have finished the card.

No comments: