Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cruise Day 11, 12 & 13 - At Sea and Brisbane.

Day 11

We went to see the Live Culinary Demonstration in the show lounge.  The head chef was very funny and had us in stitches.  They made a prawn & scallop rissotto and a creme brulee.  We had brought the P&O cookbook, so after the demonstration we went down to the front of the restuaruant to meet the chefs and get our book signed.,

Another relaxed day at sea - thread card class, lunch, reading and a nanna nap. 
It was cocktail night, so we got all frocked up and went to the Captain's Club in the show lounge.    We enjoyed some cocktails while the Captain thanked everyone for sailing again and awarded bottles of champagne to the top 3 people for the highest number of cruises. 
We got some more professional photos taken before we met Kerrie and Dave in the formal dining for dinner.  After dinner we went to see "Life As We Know It" show in the showlounge - it was a contempory songs / dance perfomance featuring the Pacific Cirque - very different to the usual shows, but we really enjoyed it!
A few more cocktails and enjoyed listening to a band in the Orient Bar, before going to bed.  Another towel animal was waiting on our bed  - a cute dog :)

Day 12
A very relaxed day at sea - breakfast, thread card class, lunch, reading and a nanna nap. Final dinner in the formal dining room with Kerrie and Dave.  Our waiters gave us crepe paper roses and a balloon wrist corsage :)  We were having such a lovely time chatting that we missed the final show - oops LOL  We did go down to the Orient bar to listen to a band and have a few more cocktails. 

Day 13
The ship docked at 7am, so we were up at 5.30am to get dressed and have one last breakfast.  We had to pick our duty free alcohol up from the dining room (between 5.30-7.30) - usually it's delivered to your cabin the night before.  When we got to the dining room it was chaos - half the ship was waiting to get their alcohol - it was crowded and people were getting angry with the lines / waiting and anxious about disembarking in time to catch connecting flights / transportation.  After breakfast we went to the show lounge to wait till we were called to disembark.   After waiting about 15 mins we were allowed to disembark, we got our luggage in the terminal, went through customs quickly, onto the parking shuttle bus and back to our car within 40 mins.   

I wanted to visit Typo at the DFO, so we headed there and grabbed some morning tea while we waited for the shops to open.   It was my first trip to Typo.....I LOVE Typo!!   Lots of bargain bins and goodies on sale  - I brought a basket full of goodies and found a gorgeous owl canvas (50x70cm)for half price ($5 - bargain!).  It was a bit hectic in the small shop - everyone grabbing bargains.  I paid for one basket of stuff, gave it to Craig to look after and went back for a 2nd look and filled another basket LOL  Have stocked up on Xmas presents!  After DFO we headed home, when we got to the highway we found out that we were travelling with a HUGE truck convoy (raising money for kids) LOL  A quick stop for lunch and petrol, then we arrive home safe & sound :)

No comments: