Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Orange Jelly Tart

Last weekend we caught up with Cathie, Kylie & Co for a catch up & lunch at Cathie's place.  I offered to bring a dessert and since I had a bag of fresh oranges from mum's orange tree I thought I would try a family recipe that I've always wanted to make...orange jelly tart.  I'm happy to say that it turned out perfectly and tasted delicious :)


2 cups fresh orange juice
Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
2-3 tbs caster sugar
2-3 tbs custard powder
Ready made tart shell
Whipped cream for serving

In a saucepan bring orange & lemon juice and sugar (to taste) to boil.  Mix custard powder and a little orange juice and slowly add to the saucepan, stirring constantly.  Once mixture starts to thicken, remove from heat and pour into pastry shell.  Refrigerate until set, then service with whipped cream.

No comments: