Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fishing...

We woke up to a clear blue skies Sunday - so we packed up the boat, brought some bait & ice and tried out the new boat motor! The motor started first go and we went for a run up the river. We only fished for about 3 hours because it was in the middle of the day and too hot to stay any longer. DH caught 2 bream, 1 flathead and a stingray. He thought the fish were undersized, so threw them back in. Boy was he kicking himself when he got home and checked his fishing book (with legal sizes and bag limit info) and found he could have kept 1 bream and the flathead!! I guess that will teach him to put things back in the boat!! LOL I didn't catch anything - I had a few bites and something bit through my line. I did manage to break my fishing rod -first time I've ever used it too :o(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you were having a good time together. That's the main thing.
I know that I never catch anything either when we go fishing. I think the fish know that I don't want to hurt them.