Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Arts & crafts day

Yesterday was arts & crafts day with the girls. I can't believe how excited they were about it - it's all we kept hearing about since they told me we were doing it LOL I thought it was a wise idea not to let them loose in my scrap room - so I organised a variety of stamps, punches, flowers, paper scraps, ribbons / trims, buttons, etc on the kitchen table. Kirsty brought over some paper mache boxes for them to decorate. With a little help from Kirsty and I - the girls decorated 2 boxes each. Kirsty and I used to scrap together - so she was happy to decorate the rest of the boxes.


The girls and I moved onto making cards - lots of stamping, stickers, flowers and bling. It was funny to see the girls try and squeeze the cards into envelops LOL After that there was lots of "making treats" with paper flowers and bling to put in their boxes. Little (and big girls) like bling - we went through 2 packets of bling LOL


After lunch we went back to crafting and this time made some decorations to hang from their windows - using sting, a butterfly punch and some buttons.


Two little girls left very happy with all their goodies :) I think I have 2 future crafters in the making LOL

No comments: