Monday, August 1, 2011

The weekend...

Another busy, social weekend :) Bec, Dale and family stayed overnight on Saturday on their way through to Brisbane. I can't believe how big the kids have gotten since last time we've seen them.




Saturday night there was only time for dinner and a catch up before we went to bed. Sunday morning was time for cuddles with Bella (even though she was sick, she was still giggly and cuddly) and running off excess energy for Connor. He had a ball over-feeding the dogs biscuits and cuddling Indy :)


Then there was some fun picking mandarins off the tree...with a little help from Uncle Craig!


Sunday afternoon I spent a few hours playing with paper and glue in my scrap room - bliss! Then we went to Cathie & Andrew's for a BBQ to celebrate Cathie's birthday.

A bit of a toot for me! On Sunday, Skye & Adam went to the Childer's Multicultural fair with Brandee and had her hexagon blanket in the pram. They got lots of compliments and questions about the blanket and apparently one lady chased them down the street to chat with them about it. She has given Skye her buisness card and asked if I would contact her to discuss making her a blanket!! It's not something I had ever considered, so will have to think about it - there were a lot of hours put into crocheting the blanket (not that I am complaining - it was made with love). Any thoughts / suggestions / experience would be appreciated :)

Exciting news...Last week we found out that Craig was able to arrange some annual leave, so after a few phone calls (to check I could still have time off, that the bride / groom could adjust their reception guest numbers and to arrange a house / dog sitter) - we are heading off on a road trip to Cairns for Chris & Cassie's wedding this weekend!!! I'm so excited - now I just need to start packing, oh and maybe I need a new outfit?!?! LOL I will be scheduling some posts for while I'm away - so make sure you pop back :)

No comments: