Friday, September 9, 2011

Quilled rose tutorial

I shared this tutorial with the ladies at Simply Crafty last month and thought I would share it with my blog readers :)

Tools - Flower punch, scissors, quilling tool, glue.

Step 1 - Punch out 5 flowers. These flowers are approx 1 inch.

Step 2 - Flower 1 - Rub in circles on a foam mat, using a stylus or bottom of quilling tool - until petals start to curl up.


Step 3 - Flower 2 - Cut between 2 petals to centre of flower.


Step 4 - Flower 2 - Glue together the petals either side of cut. Turn over and snip of pointed centre of flower.


Step 5 - Glue flower 2 into centre of flower 1.


Step 6 - Flowers 3-5 - Cut between 2 petals and cut centre out of flowers as shown in picture. It's quicker and easier to cut all 3 flowers at the same time.


Step 7 - Glue flower ends together to make a spiral shape.


Step 8 - Put quilling tool through centre of spiral and twirl around quilling tool. If you don't have a quilling tool, you can just roll the spiral from the top using using your fingers (I've done this a few times when I can't find my quilling tool LOL).


Step 9 - Using a generous amount of glue (it will be hidden by the flower) adhere the flower to centre of flower 2.


Let me know if you try the tutorial and how it went :)

2 comments:

Linda M said...

Great tutorial Shandell, will bookmark to make sure I can do them at some later stage. Just need toget the punch of Joy.

Anonymous said...

OOOO you are so clever, I will have to try that flower idea, along with the felt flower idea. I will have a go at these on Retreat.