Monday, December 12, 2011

12 Days of Christmas - Day 12

Today's my last posting for 12 Days of Christmas - I hope I have inpsired my blog visitors to do some Christmas crafting :) I'm sharing my favourite Christmas recipe - Rum & Raisin fudge (it's more like a gourmet chocolate than fudge - delicious!!!). I haven't made my batches yet - that's my plan for this weekend :)



Ingredients
60ml (1/4 cup) rum
95g (1/2 cup) raisins
400g dark chocolate,
coarsely chopped
1 x 395g can sweetened
condensed milk
50g unsalted butter

Method
1. Line a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Combine the rum and raisins in a small bowl. Set aside for 1 hour to macerate.
2. Place the chocolate, condensed milk and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water). Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
3. Stir in the raisin mixture. Spoon into the lined pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Set aside to cool. Place in the fridge overnight to set. Cut into squares.

Tips -
*If you want more of a chocolate flavour make sure you only soak the raisins for an hour. For a more rum flavour let the raisins soak overnight.
*After you add the raisins / rum mixture keep stirring the fudge over the heat till it goes thick again this will ensure it sets.

No comments: