Today I'm sharing a recipe :) These will be nice to take along to Christmas parties or pop some in a cellophane bag and add a bag topper to make a quick gift.
Cherry Ripe Balls
1 can condensed milk
2 cups desiccated coconut
375g packet dark cooking chocolate
1/2 packet milk Arrowroot biscuits
1 packet red glace cherries
1 packet vanilla cake mix
Cochineal food colouring
Optional - Malibu / cherry liqueur.
1. Bake vanilla cake according to instructions on packet. Set aside to cool.
2. Process biscuits to fine crumbs.
3. Crumble half the cake into a bowl. Add biscuits, condensed milk, diced cherries , a few drops of cochineal , Malibu / liqueur into bowl and mix well.
4. Form mixture into balls. Place on a tray and put into the freezer for approx an hour, until set.
5. Melt chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
6. Using a toothpick to hold the balls - dip into chocolate and cover completely.
7. Place chocolate covered balls back into fridge to set.
**Instead of adding vanilla cake you can use 1 packet of milk arrowroot biscuits. I use cake because it makes the mixture moist. I used the other half of the cake for my rum balls.