Sunday, March 17, 2013

Holidays - Day 8

Day 8 - Another day in the city :) We spent the morning shopping at the Queen Victoria markets. I found the market part a little disappointing - it seemed to be the same items for sale down every aisle. I did buy a cute mobile phone case though :) After the first 3 aisles we decided to check out the other sections - fruit / vegetables, meat / seafood and the deli. The deli section was my favourite area - i found the original / vintage shops fascinating and because they were filled with lots of delicious goodies :)



As we were leaving the markets I found a little shop selling cute shabby chic / Cath Kidston type goodies and brought a few things.


From the markets we caught a tram to Burke Street to have a look around and to see the beautiful architecture of the Royal Arcade. There are so many little alleys full of cafes and shops, it would be easy to spend a whole day wandering around :)





I was excited to find a babushka shop - a whole shop selling just babushkas is my type of shop :) As tempting as it was, I was behaved and only just brought a cute babushka brooch.



How gorgeous is this macaroon display?!?!


A building that caught my eye as we were travelling along.


From Burke street we caught the tram to Federation Square. We walked through the square to Flinders station , the caught he train home.

No comments: