Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend catch up...

Happy 1st birthday on Saturday Cohan!! Glad to hear you had a great and noisy (thanks for the xylophone Grandma) day!! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days - very exciting!!

We had a great weekend...Saturday DH worked, so I cleaned the house and watched "Mamma Mia" (it's a fabulous movie!!) and "St Trinians". Then mum had a Xmas party for her work mates - so I set up Singstar and we sang the night away. Mum had arranged prizes for the night and everyone had to have a fake tattoo. After ruining two, mum managed to put one on, but the words were backwards!! LOL We had homemade pizza, chicken and potato bake, then yummy desserts! Kylie made the most delicious chocolate truffles - I will have to get the recipe off her and share it!

Yesterday my brother came down from Gracemere and brought my niece Cody to see us for the day. We got to spend the morning with her before my mum took her to the pool. We're going to see them again this weekend when we head up there for Bec's baby shower. In the afternoon DH had arranged for his team to have a BBQ at work (he made this decision on Tuesday - talk about short notice!!). We had it at work because it has a bigger entertainment area and it's air-conditioned. We brought some meat + a heap of pre-made salads and once again we got the Singstar out for a lovely, relaxing afternoon! DH even got up and sang twice - very unusual for him to sing in public without having a few drinks for courage ;o) I haven't had a chance to go through all the photos yet, but hopefully I will post some soon.

I finally got the chance / motivation to start reading "Twilight" last night! OMG - I couldn't put it down!! I can see the other 3 books in the series going onto my Christmas list!! LOL

The very talented Kylie has been VERY busy ! I was lucky enough to get an early Xmas present from her...how cute is this?!?!?


A HUGE congrats to my friend Chris for his recent house purchase!!

Christmas countdown...17 sleeps!

No comments: