Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pink & chocolate cards

I wanted to make an engagement card for friends and thought pink & chocolate would be the perfect colour combo. I made this card first - I wanted to try a heart cut-out idea. After I made this I decided it was a bit too small (4 x 4 inch).


Next I made this card - I decided to keep with the punched hearts, but make the card bigger. I'm pleased with how it turned out, but still not what I wanted.


I had a piece of the pink c/stock left so decided to try the "medallion" style stamp that I have seen in the new Stampin' Up catalogue. I used the new Kaiser stamp set "Prairie Lane". There are different layers of stamping and I also used foam dots to make part of it 3D. I also had a go a adding a pleated strip to the bottom - love how this turned out! I'm thinking I might make 3 more in different colours and package them up as a gift set.


BTW - Thank you to everyone who has left such lovely comments on my blog :)

1 comment:

Rachael B said...

Great cards Shandell. I love the chocolate/pink combination.