Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sewing

I was finally motivated to set up my sewing machine and spend the day sewing yesterday - it ended up being a very productive day :) I had this bag half completed - so I added the handles and hand stitched the lining in + added flowers. I love the red and denim combo!! This is a smaller size bag compared to the other ones I have made.


Next up I made this babushka doll - I found the free pattern and full instructions here. This was my first attempt at embroidery (so don't look too close at the stitching LOL) and I am pleased how well it turned out! It doesn't look exactly like the ones on the other blog - think I might have to make a few adjustments when I make my next one.


After sewing the doll I then had a go at making some plastic bag holders. I have had all the materials for awhile, but was a bit hesitant making them as I was unsure how to machine stitch the elastic. Since I was feeling super confident after my last 2 projects I thought I would just give it a go...and I had no problems at all :) I would have sewn another 3, but I ran out of elastic and rope!!


I wanted to share a picture of these four gorgeous doilies I found at an op-shop for $2.50 - bargain!! Still trying to decide if I want to use them on a LO or on more jeans bags....

No comments: