Monday, April 30, 2012

In the garden

We had a lovely quiet weekend at home - mum and Mike came over for dinner on Saturday night. We went to their house last weekend for dinner and were spoilt with a 3 course meal (prawn cocktails, roast chicken & veges and homemade pav & fresh fruit salad) - so I decided to cook up a storm and prepare a 3 course meal too! Entree was creamy garlic prawns and rice for the girls and marinated lamb ribs (Craig cooked on the BBQ) for the boys, main was roast pork (cooked on the BBQ) and rustic garlic roasted vegetables and dessert was self saucing butterscotch pudding & cream - delicious :)

In between rain showers - I also managed to do some gardening. The recent rain has got the fruit trees, vege gardens and flowers blooming! Various veges are still growing in the garden, but I'm researching what veges I need to start planting soon.


Looks like we are going to have another bumper crop of mandarins again this year!! The orange tree looks like it's going to have a lot more fruit compared to last year - yay!


I have lots of my favourite flower growing in the gardens - gerberas! The colour of these ones is amazing (I have not edited this picture - I took a photo on my iPhone and my camera and they both came up the same vibrant colouring)!!

No comments: