Monday, January 26, 2009

Australia Day...

I spent the morning doing house work, then the rest of the day relaxing in the air-con and doing a bit of scrapping. A pretty non-eventful weekend actually :o) Saturday DH & I went out to lunch, did a bit of shopping, then spent the rest of the day relaxing. Sunday morning I did a few jobs, then spent the rest of the afternoon scrapping with Kylie & Donna.

I worked on a few partly-finished LO, which I'm ashamed to admit are still partly-finished LOL However, I did manage to get this done with the new Amy Butler lace paper from Creative Artz. Donna has this LO on display there if you would like a closer look.

I brought a LO kit which I did today, but unfortunately my camera batteries need to be recharged :o( Hopefully I will post again tomorrow night and upload the pic then.

I got tagged & awards from Petrina which made me smile! Thanks P :o)

The "Proximity Award"

"This is called The Proximity Award. "These blogs believe and invest in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers, who must choose eight more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their awards".

Tagged
Here's how it works:
1. Go to the section of your computer where you store all of your photos.
2. Select the 6th folder.
3. Select the 6th photo from that folder.
4. Post and explain about that picture.
5. Tag 6 other people.

This pic is of my niece Lacey opening her Xmas presents. When I saw this doll I thought it looked just like Lacey when she was a baby and had to buy it for her :o)

And the "Creative Funky Friend" award - totally loving the idea of being called "funky"! LOL


I'm going to be follow P's lead (and wording) and I will award the proximity award to the following people, who can consider themselves tagged with the above tags/awards as well ;-)

Cassie
Donna
Suzie
Lorelle
Donna - Creative Artz
Susan
Helen

I had a chat with Bec the other night - all is going well with the pregnancy and they are counting down the days till bub arrives :o) Bec admits she is still avoiding thinking about the impending labour LOL

Bec & Dale's baby countdown...19 days!

1 comment:

Love Scrappin' said...

Wow thanks Shandell...thats so sweet of you..Love your layout!Hope you enjoyed your day.