Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!



DH & I didn't even see the new year in - we were crashed out in bed by 10pm! How sad are we?!? LOL I hope everyone had a great time seeing the new year in! Any resolutions / goals? I have a few goals -
* Travelling - we're heading to Tasmania this year
* Getting out and doing more activities with DH (eg snorkeling, footy games, going to the beach, camping, fishing, etc)
* Going to more scrapbook classes / crops / events
* Taking time to learn the manual functions on my camera
* Going to the Brisbane Papercraft Expo again and going to a class
* Finishing any incomplete LO gathering dust and getting up 2 date with my scrapping
* Getting published in a scrap magazine
* Learn how to add Widgets, etc to my blog
And probably a heap more, but that will do for now :o)

Kylie & I spent yesterday scrapping - BLISS! I Finished 1 LO, scrapped another 3 LO, and started a 4th LO! It's raining /stormy ATM so hopefully I will take pics over the weekend. All the new online challenges should be up over the next couple of days - can't wait to see what they are!

I was sad to see Petrina & Cassie step down from running ISTIA, but glad to see Linda & Dilys step up to the challenge of running the club :o) There has been a name change and a new blog . It starts back up next weekend (11th January) and I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone :o)

Due to the build up of the storm (which we only got approx 5 mins of heavy downpour, now it's just drizzling) it's been unbelievably hot for the last 4 days. I guess I really shouldn't complain - I'm lucky enough to work in an air-conditioned office. After 2 restless nights from the heat, we dragged the mattress downstairs last night to sleep in the air-conditioned lounge room. It's definitely encouraged us to spend this weekend looking at air-cons for the bedroom!! LOL It's actually so hot here that the bananas & apples in the fruit bowl started to turn into liquid - yep, it's as disgusting as it sounds!! EEEWWWWW!

2 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Wow that is hot!!!

You have a lot of great resolutions, all the best in 2009.

*** Kylie*** said...

Was such a 'blissful' day scrapping...and a great way to start the new year! All the best for you and your family for this new year!! :)