Saturday, April 25, 2009

My treasures...

Any of my regular visitors will know my mum is a garage sale fanatic - she rang me this morning to ask if I wanted a pantry cupboard for my scrap room (no, I didn't get it). I could actually picture her - mobile in one hand, the other hand clutching the cupboard and giving other bargain hunters the death stare if they came near her!! LOL Okay, I am going somewhere with this....I thought I would share some of my recent "treasures" mum has brought me...





My favourite is the lace plate - how amazing is that? Mum is a total bargain hunter - the 2 plates were $2 each and the soup tureen was $3!! Sometimes I ask my mum to keep an eye out for specific items (eg the soup tureen) - she loves the challenge. Mum's favourite thing is to buy pine furniture / items and do them up - currently she is working on a blanket box she picked up for $5. I have asked her to look for wire baskets that I can use for storage in my scrap room.

I don't think I have mentioned it, but Mum and I are making cupcakes for the wedding next weekend - orange & poppy seed - yummo!! Mum spent the day here and we made the green icing frangipani flowers to go on the cakes today - very cute! I also made a batch of cupcakes to try out a recipe. I will be taking them to Simply Crafty for afternoon tea tomorrow. Mum got out her sewing machine and fixed up the straps and top of my new dress - so it fits a lot better now. While she was sewing I also got her to take up some jeans and replace the elastic in some tops - gotta love mum :o)

I went to the Creative Artz midnight crop last night. I love the new chipboard & acrylic stuff - especially the acrylic mushrooms - too cute!! I managed to work on 5 LO and a card - none finished though (what's new?!?!). Will do a bit more scrapping tonight and tomorrow.

4 comments:

Petrina McDonald said...

LOL! I TOLD Donna you would love the acrylic mushrooms!!!!
See you tomorrow :)

Mirabyll said...

Hi there! Thanks for the wonderful comment in my blog! It made my day! I hope you found all the other calenders I've made, I'm sure there is something for all tastes! Take care of you and never hesitate to ask if you have any problems with the language! // Mirabyll

Rachael B said...

I can't wat to sample the cupcakes tomorrow. See you there.

Anonymous said...

I love all of those old treasures too. It is lovely to see other preserve the past and value you it as a great part of their future. Have a great week.